Big list of feminist documentaries. This also includes documentaries about masculinity and gender parity.
Last March my girlfriend and I struggled to find good documentaries on feminist and gender issues but were unable to find any. After much search and even some illegal downloading I was able to find a nice list. I will continue to add to this list as I find more.
Last Modified 4/19/2014
- Miss Representation
- Killing Us Softly 4*
- Codes of Gender*
- The Purity Myth*
- Tough Guise – Violence Media and the Crisis in Masculinity*
- The F Word
- Dreamworlds 3: Desire, Sex and Power in Music Video*
- Price of Pleasure*
- Red Moon*
- Hip-Hop: Beyond Beats and Rhymes*
- Beauty Mark*
- Orgasm Inc.
- Playing Unfair*
- America the Beautiful
- Barbie Nation: An Unauthorized Tour
- Born Into Brothels: Calcutta’s Red Light Kids
- Pray the Devil Back to Hell
- Generation M*
- Reviving Ophelia*
- Period: The End of Menstruation?
- Miss Navajo
- Trained in the Ways of Men
- Michael Kimmel on Gender: Mars, Venus or Planet Earth? Men & Women in a New Millennium*
- The Burning Times
- Goddess Remembered
- Suffragette City (Very short BBC documentary about England’s amazing suffrage movement)
- Not For Ourselves Alone (American suffrage doc highlighting Susan B Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton’s role)
- Moon Inside You
- The Perfect Vagina
- Good Hair
- The Life and Times of Rosie the Riveter 
- My Penis and Everyone Else’s [male issues]
- Pink Ribbons, Inc.
- The Invisible War
- Gloria: In her own words – HBO doc about Gloria Steinem
- Girl Model
- The Makers (PBS)
- GTFO: A Film About Women In Gaming (Currently fundraising)
- The Illusionists (in Production)
* marks the docs made by the Media Education Foundation.
This will be a post I plan on maintaining for a long time. Please comment with any suggestions you think would be good to add to this list.